Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The intern crew
It’s hard to believe we’re already halfway through July! Wow! Summer is flying by!

I can’t thank you enough for all of your prayers and support since I got to Spain. It has been a whirlwind of adventure with times of great joy and times of extreme exhaustion. Thank you for your notes of encouragement and uplifting prayers.

The internship program finished well. The interns loved their experience, and we loved having them here! One of the interns, Rebekah, wrote, “Something that God really taught me on the internship was how my identity is not in the things I can do or play. But my identity is found solely in Christ alone. I don't earn my Salvation by how well I play basketball but my Salvation is by Jesus' death on the cross. In Him I am found and He is enough!” We learned a great deal from the interns too - how to have a servant heart, a joyful spirit, and a positive attitude. The six weeks flew by, and we’re so thankful for their time here!

Now that the interns have left, basketball camp is over, and things have quieted down, I can really begin to settle in to life in Cáceres. 

Please pray as I begin looking for an apartment - one that is a blessing to host meals and events as well as visitors and with neighbors that will be open to the gospel. Please also pray for my team and I as we make a more defined job description for my first year here in Spain. Pray for wisdom as we continue to make progress on opening the English Academy too!

I’d love to hear from you and how I can be praying for you! Please shoot me an email or drop a note in the mail. I thank God for each of you and your partnership in the work that God is doing here in Spain. Thank you, thank you, thank you!


Basketball/English Camp

A huge highlight since coming to Spain was the week of the Basketball/English Camp. I LOVED it!

It was awesome to share the love of Christ with 100+ kids through basketball. Not to mention that I got to do it with an incredible team! I loved having people from home here as well as working with new people from IA, PA, and FL.

Before camp kicked off, we began each day with devotionals at church. Once camp began, we loved those kids big time and had so much fun doing it! Some of the older campers joined us for lunch back at church where some members of the local church and some basketball/english team members shared their testimonies. We then had time for a little siesta and in the afternoon met up with the older campers for activities like soccer, football, ultimate frisbee, and basketball. 


The week finished with a fiesta at church, and it was packed with campers and parents! During the program that night, one of the basketball team members, Alyssa, was able to share how Jesus has changed her life. We continue to pray that God uses her story and works in the hearts of the campers and parents that they too might come to know Jesus and the great hope and joy we have in Him!